WASHING AND CLASSIFICATION
WASHING AND SCREENING PLANTS FOR SAND AND AGGREGATES
Matec is an established leader in the design, manufacture and installation of purification and filtration plants. After more than 20 years of experience and hundreds of complete installations, we have started our own dedicated line of Purification and Filtration plants. This way, the best result is guaranteed.
Creating systems that harmonise industry and environment has always been our main goal.
Our machines, from the washing to the filter press, comply with the most stringent environmental regulations. 100% Made in Italy products to be assembled in our headquarters in Massa or in one of our branches around the world (USA, Brazil, Australia, Turkey or India) or on site, thanks to the work of a large team of engineers and technicians. Our machines can be stationary or modular, depending on the needs of the plant.
Matec plants, sewn to your needs.
WHY CUSTOMERS CHOOSE THE MATEC WASHING AND CLASSIFICATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
WHY DO WE WASH MATERIALS?
- To remove impurities such as silt, clay and general contaminants to bring the raw material within specification
- The finished products need to meet stringent specifications
- When it is necessary a final product for a required market & application
- whenever there is the need of giving a new value to waste material
Where dry screening was accepted in the past, washing & scrubbing are now required to produce a silt free product
HOW MUCH WATER IS NEEDED FOR WASHING?
It depends on:
- the amount of raw material to be treated
- the amount/kind of the impurities to be removed
- the amount/kind of machinery to be used
We offer a complete solution, that includes waste water treatment plant to recycle up to 95% of total water
HOW CAN WE WASH THE GRAVEL?
We will do it in several steps depending on the level of dirtiness:
- one or more SCRUBBING UNIT composed by a log washer or barrel washer
- one or more SCREENING UNIT composed by an inclined or horizontal vibrating screen
WHICH TYPES OF SAND CAN BE WASHED?
Our sand washing units consist on modular elements to adadt to the site requirements and the materials to treat: natural sand, crushed sand, glass sand , moulding sand and other minerals.
Different modular elements based on your requirements and analysis carried out by our own laboratory:
- SANDTEC is the standard sand washing unit (composed by tank + pumping group + hydrocyclone of diameter from Ø200 to Ø1000 + dewatering screen)
- ATTRITEC to remove contaminants from the sand surface
- PRE-WASHING SYSTEM to remove light impurities by gravity