SIMPLICITY IN CLARIFICATION
The function of the Paste Thickener is to increase the density of a sludge stream. This is done by introducing the sludge into the settling tank and allowing the solids to settle.
The clean water overflows for reuse or disposal. The settled solids are collected in the central cone of the decanter or clarifier and are disposed of as thickened sludge that can be treated or disposed of as required. Due to the low solids content, the discharge from a clarifier is usually intermittent.
THICKENER TANK SPECIFICATIONS
- The tank is constructed from steel plate not less than 6 mm thick.
- The tank has a scalloped bottom and sloped tank floor supported
on steel legs, an underflow cone and overflow launder and all
- Shorter erection time.
- No tunnels with escape routes required.
- Flexibility to change components, say launder sizing, when process
- The bridge will be supported on a separate structure.
- Minimal excavation.
- No design cost incurred by yourselves.